Thursday, May 03, 2012

Project Life Update - Week of 3/25 to 3/31

I'm so behind on this.  I know that on other blogs with Project Life they tell you to not think about it in those terms because it's too easy to let yourself get overwhelmed, but I  know that for me, if I don't keep up with this I'll just give up.  I don't want to do that!  I at least have been gathering and sorting my photos into folders for now so that I know what went where each week.  At least I have that going for me!

Once again I worked more in Photoshop than I did at my crafting desk.  It's just so much easier to sit on my butt watching tv while I do this!  HA!  I don't have to get up to go grab something or trim something every few minutes.  Of course, I'm not the best or fastest digi scrapper out there, so each card takes an hour or two to complete.  Part of the problem is that I make most of my own embellishments.  I've gotten smart and have started saving them as PNG files so that they can be reused again.  I know, DUH, right?  You want to know what else is DUH?  I've been using Photoshop (not Elements, but full on Photoshop) for over six years now, but just barely figured out how to draw a straight line.  I also just figured out that I can make presets for new documents in sizes that I use often.  You know, like the small and large Project Life cards.

DUH.

Here are the pages for the week of March 25 through March 31.

Left side:


I made the Week Of card with paper and stickers, but everything else is a digital picture that I had printed out.  Here are close ups of some of the cards.


Five Hour Baby Sweater my foot.


This was the second week we were all pretty sick and were stuck in the house.  This is pretty much when the stressful period began, I think.  The boy had been whiny and sick and clingy for two weeks straight.  I was sick and coughing so hard that I was peeing my pants on a pretty regular basis.  (TMI?  Hooray, pregnancy!)  I couldn't sleep for all the coughing.  He also was going through a serious ornery stage where he would argue EVERYTHING just for the sake of arguing and was talking back on the regular.  I swear he spent more time in time out that week than he had all year!

On Friday of that week I actually had to call my husband to come home early from work.  He came home to sick wife crying on the couch and sick son crying in his bedroom.  The boy had been screaming for about an hour straight at that point, I think.  It was pretty awful.


We ate a LOT of popsicles that week.


I looked like this pretty much the whole last month.  Minus the flower, of course.

Right side:

I typed up the card with the journaling for the Falcon Field open house (blog post about that here) and added some Smash Book washi tape to the bottom.  I didn't add anything to the other cards with photos.

Close ups of some of the other cards:


My husband is a clown.  I had another quote to go with this but printed the wrong one, then realized it after I had glued that wrong one to the page.  Oh well.  Like I said, at least I've been saving those things so it's not a big deal to have it printed later for another page.


Mah belleh.

I got a LOT of inspiration for these from Pinterest.  Of course, I did them so long ago I can't remember what was what to cite them, and I'm truly sorry for that.  I'm thankful for the people who share their work so that when I'm suffering a serious uncreative period I can still get stuff done!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails