Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Gratitude Project - Day 30




Today, I am thankful for my husband.

What, you didn't think I forgot about him, did you? Of course not! How could I? My husband makes so much possible. He loves and supports me. He works hard so we can have a home. He is a good father to the boy. He's stood by my side for the past eleven years when many others haven't. Of all the things and people for which I am thankful, he's right up there near the top.

Sure, sometimes he screws up, but who doesn't? And yeah, there are times when he hurts me or pisses me off. When you live so close with another person it's pretty hard to avoid that happening. That's just how it is. However, if you take the good, and you take the bad, and you compare them, there is no comparison.

I'm thankful that I don't have one of those husbands who feels that their contribution to the family begins and ends with a paycheck. I'm thankful that he understands that running a home is a big job, and that we're a partnership. I'm thankful that he has no problem being left alone with our child, and would never refer to it as "babysitting." He never even flinched after I had Sawyer and couldn't get out of bed to pick him up or change his diaper. Heck, HE showed ME how to do it once I was allowed to get up! He does dishes and cleans his own toilet. How can a girl not be thankful for that?

I love his sense of humor, and how we make each other laugh. I love that we can be silly and give each other a hard time. I love that he will go shopping with me and not complain or pout. I love that he will take Bubba places on his own, without me along for the ride, from the grocery store to the zoo. I love that he doesn't even bat an eyelash when I come up with some crazy new thing I want to learn or goofy behavior.

There may be a lot of fish in the sea, but I'm pretty dang sure I found the best one for me, and for that, I am thankful.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails