Monday, November 28, 2011

The Gratitude Project - Day 28



Today, I am thankful to be a stay at home mom. Even though some days it's hard, even though we've had to make some sacrifices, I can't think of a single thing that I'd rather be doing. When I went to college, I was so sure that I wanted to teach. After having spent so much time in classrooms though, and having friends who were teachers and seeing the direction that the profession was headed (little to no respect for teachers, parents and students with entitlement issues, overpaid administrators who only care about test scores) I started to rethink that decision. I stopped going to school because I couldn't see getting a degree I didn't want to use and I couldn't think of what else I wanted to be when I grew up.

Now, I'm home being a wife and a mom. When I think about where I want to be in five years, I know exactly where - I want to be at home, baking cookies, planning dinner, and waiting for my children to come home from school. I want to be a room mom. I want to have play dates. I want to have a nice clean house where my family can have company. I love that I'll get to be here to see every milestone and won't ever have to feel like I've missed a thing.

You see that little homemaker in my banner? That's who I want to be.

I know that this isn't a path that everyone would choose, and I know that it's not a path that everyone can choose. I am thankful that I have the ability to choose it though, and feel that it's worth every sacrifice.

(getting to take a nap every afternoon with the boy isn't too shabby either! HA!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails