Twelve of 12 - June 2011
2. The reason why we hauled the tracks out - I woke up with a LOT of pain in my knee this morning. We missed Pentecost mass because I could barely walk, let alone consider kneeling. I know this sounds bad, but when you're half the age of most of your congregation, you HAVE to kneel. Those old people are judgy. (I guess that statement makes me a bit judgy too. hee hee!)
3. So, instead, I made jam. I found some great sales on berries yesterday (grocery shopping is what did that knee in, I think) and I had to use them quickly. Standing is okay because I can put all my weight on the "good" leg.
4. Today marks my third day of having a green smoothie for breakfast. While I am surprised at how not gross they are, I have to say that they really really really make me crave carbs and salt something fierce. Also, although I'm drinking almost a full blender jar of pureed fruits and veggies, I'm still really hungry afterwards. Those people who tell you to snack on fruit if you're hungry are full of crap.
5. I got the best email this morning from a friend. It said, "I don't think that I like it that when I hear about roaches, I think of you." Oh my goodness how that made me laugh! I guess most people don't talk about it if they have them, huh? I assure you though, they're JUST IN THE COMPOST HEAP!!! I swear!
6. In the box with the Hot Wheel tracks were some little cars. The boy took a particular shine to this one, much to his father's delight.
8. The zinnias have these little balls at the tops of the stems. Dare I say I may have blooms soon???
10. I was on my third batch of jam when I ran out of freaking sugar!!! I was about 3/4 cup shy of what I needed to finish, so I totally became a cliche and sent my husband to borrow a cup of sugar from the neighbor. I sent along a jar of peach jam in trade though! HA! I couldn't believe how long it was taking him when he finally came back and explained one neighbor wasn't home, one only had about a half cup in their house, and he finally had to hit up someone three doors down from us!
11. Dinner, recipe courtesy of Pinterest. I am addicted SO HARD to that site. This was Lemon Garlic Spaghetti and we topped it with some grilled chicken. Very good.
12. The results of today's labor. Well, the pickles and two jars of peach jam in front of them were already on the counter, but the rest I made today. I made more StrawberryBlackberry and BlueberryLime because I sold out of those before. I also tried a new flavor today - CarrotCake. According to the recipe, if you put this on a piece of toast that has a thin layer of cream cheese on it, the taste is just like carrot cake. I haven't tried that yet, but I will say that the jam is GOOD.