Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Recipe Fourteen - Crunchy Garlic Chicken

This recipe can be found on page 241. I suggest that if you have this book, and have not already done so, find it and make it! It's easy and really, really good. Bubba who hates chicken that is not in nugget form ate a whole piece of this!

I don't have a food processor (mostly because I am stubborn) so I had to improvise a bit. I put my garlic through a garlic press, crushed the crackers inside a large Ziploc bag, then added the garlic and all the other ingredients as directed. I just smooshed it all together until the butter was completely incorporated and the whole thing just looked like coarse crumbs. It worked like a charm!

The boy wanted to help.

I dumped my cracker mixture onto a plate as directed, but then put the flour into that same bag. This made it easy to just dump the chicken pieces (I used tenderloins) into the bag and then all I had to do was give it a good shake to get them coated in flour. Way easier than using a plate!

The directions say you can pan fry these or bake them in the oven. It's June, and here in Arizona we don't like to turn on the oven in June if we don't have to, so I pan fried these in a little bit of olive oil. They were fantastic! I served them with some couscous and mixed veggies for a simple dinner.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

mmmm.... I want them.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails