Friday, June 11, 2010

Initials and Numbers

I was cleaning my craft room when I came across an interesting piece of paper. I thought I'd share! Bonus: Now that it's here I can recycle it. WOO HOO for less clutter!

Directions: Each statement below contains the initials of words that will make it correct. Find the missing words. This puzzle is a mental challenge - not measuring intelligence, but creativity and flexibility. Do not expect to complete it all in one sitting. Some answers will come to you at unexpected moments. (I'll post the answer key in the comments.)

Example: 12 M in a Y (answer: 12 months in a year)

1. 26 L of the A
2. 7 W of the W
3. 1,001 AN
4. 12 S of the Z
5. 54 C in a D (with the J)
6. 9 P in the SS
7. 88 PK
8. 13 S on the AF
9. 32 DF at which WF
10. 18 H on a GC
11. 90 D in a RA
12. 200 D for PG in M
13. 8 S on a SS
14. 3 BM (SHTR)
15. 4 Q in a G
16. 24 H in a D
17. 1 W on a U
18. 5 D in a ZC
19. 57 HV
20. 11 P on a FT
21. 1,000 W that a P is W
22. 29 D in F in a LY
23. 64 S on a CB

I kind of wish I had tried to solve the puzzle before typing it all out and seeing the answers. (DOH!) I know I did it before, but I did realize that I had forgotten a lot of these. I challenge you to print these out and try to figure them out before looking at the answers.

Oh, and please tell me that I'm not the only one who's mind immediately resorted to potty humor upon reading #14!

1 Comments:

Blogger SplendidlyImperfect said...

Okay, here is the answer key - scroll down a bit!













1. Letters of the Alphabet
2. Wonders of the World
3. Arabian Nights
4. Signs of the Zodiac
5. Cards in a Deck with the Joker
6. Planets in the Solar System
7. Piano Keys
8. Stripes on the American Flag
9. Degrees Fahrenheit at which Water Freezes
10. Holes on a Golf Course
11. Degrees in a Right Angle
12. Dollars for Passing Go in Monopoly
13. Sides on a Stop Sign
14. Blind Mice (See How They Run)
15. Quarts in a Gallon
16. Hours in a Day
17. Wheel on a Unicycle
18. Digits in a Zip Code
19. Heinz Varieties
20. Players on a Football Team
21. Words that a Picture is Worth
22. Days in February in a Leap Year
23. Squares on a Checker Board

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails