Saturday, July 04, 2009

The one where I am El Cheapo

I had seen on various blogs and online sites that THE color to wear on your fingers and toes right now is this "mermaidy" shade of blue/green. I was dubious, but have been in a color rut as far as nail polish is concerned, so I went ahead and picked up an inexpensive version of this color for two bucks. I'm not one to buy a $9 bottle of OPI in a trendy color, you know? Good thing too, because when I put it on, I was thinking, "Uh, this is so NOT ME." I decided to give it time and see if it would grow on me. Here I am a week later and the verdict?

Still not me.

Yes, I'm short. Ooh, fun jeans story. You know what's even better than having a tranny as a friend? Having a tranny who wears the SAME SIZE AS YOU so you can share clothes! My girl B gave me these jeans and I luuuuuuurrrrrrrvvvveee them, even if they are too freaking long. Bonus - now I know what size I wear in those stupid European sizes so I'm not stuck shopping only at Old Navy and Target. Score.

Oh, but I want to tell you about my shoes. Aren't they cute? I wanted a very flat sandal that I could wear with both dresses and jeans in a neutral, muted gold color. I looked all over, and finally found these at Nordstrom:
They're DV by Dolce Vita and at $49.95 they're not terribly expensive, but seeing as how I'm on a rather strict budget these days, it was too much to pay for a shoe that I was probably only going to wear for a few months.

Then, a week later, I was at Target when I spied these:
Holy cheap lookalike! It's practically the same freaking shoe, only at a much wallet-friendlier price of $17.99!!! They're super comfy and I've been living in them for the past few weeks. They also come in a lot of other fun colors. I've really been considering the lime green, but the hot pink ones are super cute too. They're definitely a step up from plain old flip flops as far as style is concerned.

Tomorrow - I'm changing out my nail polish to a nice nude.



OPI Just Tea-sing! from the Garden Party collection.; I scored a free bottle using a coupon at Beauty Brands last week. Man I love free stuff! That's another $9 saved.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

That's an awesome shoe bargain! they are really cute.

I'm with you, I love neutral nail colors. I think the blues and purples are really cute, but my little sister wears them. She's 23 and that makes me feel too old for them. :( Bust out that blue nail polish when you go back out to the clubs!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

TARGET RULES !!!!!!!!!!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

More power to you - I think you pulled off the blue stuff. I'm with you in feeling strange in different colors, and I can't imagine wearing it myself, but I think it actually looks really good on you!! And your shoe find is really nice!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I don't know if I could do the blue/green-y shades, I think it would be a constant distraction for me...but at the same time I really like them! Man, what an awesome find on the sandals! I was just at Target and I know I didn't see those, they're holding out on me!

5:51 AM  
Blogger mademoisellechitchat said...

I so love you!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Lyndsy said...

I am very hesitant to try out these new blue/greens. I usually stick with pink or coral. I am glad I am not alone in my hesitation. It does look cute on your toes though :)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails