Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else?
I like to take these online quizzes when I'm bored. Usually the results are pretty inane, and I get a good laugh out of them. I took this one
though and it's so me, completely dead on. Anyone who knows me well can tell you this is who I am. I put in some of my own comments.
You Are a Bette!
You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Stand up for yourself... and me. Please.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct. Say what you mean, mean what you say, don't play games.
- * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone. I don't know about this one.
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me. Does that make sense? I like getting props, but don't be patronizing.
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack. This happens to me ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!!
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am. Unfortunately. Sorry husband!
What I Like About Being a Bette
- * being independent and self-reliant
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest I'm very proud of this.
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life It's for living, after all!
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- * upholding just causes I believe in the strength of my convictions and for standing up for what I believe to be right.
What's Hard About Being a Bette
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to Sorry.
- * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence OMG, this is part of why I had to leave the hotel.
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it A surefire way to be sure I don't do it again.
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices Bad bad trait I'm trying to work on - learning forgiveness
- * putting too much pressure on myself OCD girl here
- * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right I have been called "Sara-who-follows-the-rules" in the past. I have also been known to shout out "BAD CITIZEN" at people who don't follow traffic laws (like turning into the lane your supposed to, for instance) including my husband.
Bettes as Children Often
- * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
- * are sometimes loners
- * seize control so they won't be controlled I was a bossy child. Are you surprised?
- * figure out others' weaknesses
- * attack verbally or physically when provoked
- * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings Yuppers.
Bettes as Parents
- * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
- * are sometimes overprotective Probably.
- * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid Probably again. Sorry Bubba - I'm gonna try and work on this but I can see it as being easy to fall into.
Labels: about me
©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.
Please do not take my photos without permission.
Contact me! email@example.com