Forty five in the morning
Saw this over at Confessions of a Preppy Bumpkin, and since I'm up and not sleepy AGAIN, I thought, what the heck.
1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Burt's Bees Peppermint and Rosemary Body Bar. I don't use body washes any more. I pretty much stick with fancier bar soaps, such as Boots No.7 Oatmeal, Avocado & Almond or the yummy ones at Lush. Rock Star and Honey I Washed The Kids are my favorites there, but I haven't gotten any in a while because, you know, I'm poor right now!
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No, but I was thinking about getting some for Saturday.
3. What would you change about your living room? If I could move walls, I wouldn't have two entries to the kitchen. The layout in here makes it awkward to arrange furniture. Furniture wise, I'd have a large storage ottoman instead of this stupid rickety coffee table.
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Dirty, but there's hardly anything in there.
5. What is in your fridge? Milk, eggs, a bunch of different kinds of flour, powdered buttermilk for baking, green onions, applesauce, white grape juice for the baby, yogurt for the baby, condiments...not a whole lot. I need to go grocery shopping!!!
6. White or wheat bread? Wheat if I buy it, white if I bake it myself.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Clear glass plates that I was going to get rid of but find myself still using, a terra cotta bowl which is the closest I'll allow myself to having a junk drawer, a mesh strainer that REALLY needs a better home (no clue why it's up there, actually), and a basket containing various flavorings, extracts, food colors, and meringue powder.
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? In my bathroom - black, white, and green polka dots on a hot pink background (Waverly, seen here as bedroom curtains), and in my husband's, green, blue, and white stripes.
9. How many plants are in your home? Eight inside.
10. Is your bed made right now? I don't make the bed. I figure, I'm just gonna mess it up again, why waste the energy?
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Ew, neither! Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or baking soda on half a lemon. Let's be green, folks!
12. Is your closet organized? Mostly?
13. Can you describe your flashlight? A little silver one that my husband got at work. It has these freaky LED lights and is SUPER bright.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Glass. I hate plastic dishes because I feel like you can taste the ghosts of beverages past. Ew.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No, but I kinda wish I did.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? No garage.
17. Curtains or blinds? Since we're in an apartment (hence, no garage) we have blinds in every room. I've put curtains in the living room and bedroom to soften the look a bit.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? The one under my head and a small Hello Kitty throw pillow to hug. I woke up the other day and Bubba had bogarted it - HE was hugging it!
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No. For a while, when Bubba was very new, we'd leave the closet light on, but now we're back to total darkness.
20. How often do you vacuum? Not nearly as often as we should!
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Battery powered.
22. What color is your toothbrush? Pink and white.
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes. It says Beware of Dog and has a corner missing, which I suppose isn't very welcoming...
24. What is in your oven right now? Nothing.
25. Is there anything under your bed? Plastic storage bins containing spare bedding, Christmas decorations, and the parts to convert the crib to a toddler bed with the time comes. I guess Gidget is probably under there right now as well.
26. Chore you hate doing the most? DISHES. I just don't do them - too many traumatic childhood memories associated with the chore, I guess.
27. What retro items are in your home? My old Westinghouse fan, which no longer works. I could have cried the day that thing died. I have an old Yankee Cook Book. um... not much else!
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? That would be the Scrap/Craft room.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? one in each bathroom, one in the living room that is so high up only Susan can see herself in it, one in the hallway, and a small hand mirror used to play with the baby.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Nope.
31. What color are your walls? Mostly white. I have a tan/terra cotta-ish one in the living room, a red one in the dining room, and a blue one in our bedroom.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Would you count two very barky Yorkies? :)
33. What does your home smell like right now? Probably the chicken my husband made for dinner. I gave up my Plug-Ins. Pthalates, you know. So sad.
34. Favorite candle scent? Yankee Candle Very Cherry or the Buttercream Frosting smelling one.
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? Dill & only Dill. Other pickles are FOUL.
36. What color is your favorite Bible? My favorite one? Uh, we only have a New Testament... and it's the little black one my brother stole from jail. (The irony is not lost on me.) Heathens.
37. Ever been on your roof? Nope, and I don't want to!
38. Do you own a stereo? Yes.
39. How many TVs do you have? Just the one, and that's EXACTLY how I intend to keep it!
40. How many house phones? No land lines, just our cell phones.
41. Do you have a housekeeper? I wish.
42. What style do you decorate in? Whatever I like. Kinda contemporary, I guess you'd call it.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? depends on the furniture and room. I do tend to lean toward solids though.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yup, and a CO2 detector as well!
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you'd grab if you only could make one quick trip? My laptop, the plastic file bin with all of our important documents, the dogs, my diaper bag
Labels: about me
©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.
Please do not take my photos without permission.
Contact me! firstname.lastname@example.org