Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello, carbs!

Bubba is pleased to make your aquaintance!



I was trying to decide what Bubba's next new food was going to be when I came across this.  My Baby center emails had said that I could start feeding him small finger foods and slightly chunkier purees, but truth be told, I'm kind of scared.  I gave him a small piece of mushy banana once and he started gagging on it and making choking sounds until I stuck my finger in his mouth and pulled it out.

Scary.

Anyway, the website said that I could start mixing small pasta into his purees, so when I found this pastina, I was excited.  It's perfect.  It's tiny, like couscous, and cooks in a very similar way.  We gave him a little mixed with acorn squash and carrots and he seemed to enjoy it.

Hooray for new foods!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Susanne P. said...

uugh. carbs are bad for me. lol and my ass.

i had never thought of pasta. i always went with the rice. the flaky kind.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

ooh, i've never seen that. i'll have to look for it. We just stick with the puffs. She does Cheerios at daycare, but I'm scared to give her them at home!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I have yet to see that Earth's Best pasta in a store! Wow..that's pretty cool.

Chunkier solids always made me crazy nervous. My kids all hated stage 3 baby foods, they'd gag! So we pretty much skipped them. I didn't give Cheerios until close to a year, but the Gerber Puffs are GREAT! E still eats them as a regular snack. I also still cut her pieces of banana up very small. Avocado is great though, mush it up with some banana if you haven't already, my kiddos loved it! :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger mademoisellechitchat said...

Congrats on hitting the 50,000 hit mark!!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Muffy said...

You'll have to keep us updated on how he likes it!!!

9:54 PM  
Blogger mademoisellechitchat said...

Girl, where have you been? It's been a week since your last post. Are you okay?

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails