Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why Don't You?

Today I told the baby that it was high time he started to pull his own weight around here, and that he needed to go out and get a job.

Here he is doing his best cubicle monkey impersonation. Cute, n'est ce pas?

We went to visit my husband at work today, so that he could show off Bubba to his coworkers. The people on his team hadn't seen him since the beginning of December, and a lot of people there had only seen the photos he posts on the outside of his cubicle. To say that the little man was a hit would be an understatement. A good portion of the folks there crowded around the cubicle and were admiring him. Most popular points of note: his cheeks, his eyelashes, and the fact that he showed no desire to remove his hat. You should have heard the chorus of "awwww"s when I put the sunglasses on him, hee hee!

When I showed up there, my husband said "They're going to love your outfit." I'm thinking, is he talking to me or the baby? Then I looked at what he was wearing - khakis, a black shirt and black shoes. Then I looked at what I was wearing - khakis, a black blouse and black flip flops (J Crew elastic wedge flip flops = the best flip flops EVAH!).

CRAP!!! This was the second time in less than a week that we had dressed alike, and this time I couldn't send him back inside to change his shirt!

Well, it turns out, 4 of the six people on his team who were there today were dressed like this. He had to swear to them that he did not call me and tell me what to wear.

Speaking of that black blouse... I dug this sucker out of my closet this morning and tried it on a whim. I was shocked when not only did it fit, but it actually fit better than when I bought it at Saks what, 3 or 4 years ago? I know it was before I started working at the hotel. Kick butt.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Susanne P. said...

kick butt is right! woo hoo!

it is amazing that sawyer doesn't mind wearing a hat. that is rare for a baby. you have him trained and now he will one of those boys who will always wear one. bring on hat hair!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Is that pacifier leash a chain!?! Where did you get that? - i love it!

It's so fun showing them off isn't it? He's adorable in his cube

7:57 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, that cap on him is adorable! :) My kids never left anything on their heads.

Awesome on the shirt! Doesn't that feel great?

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails