Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Working toward a goal

Now that Bubba has mastered rolling over in both directions, he's decided that it's time to move on to the next thing. I'll tell you, this child wants to sit upright BAD. For a couple of weeks now, any time he finds himself in a reclining position (the bath, my arms, the feeding table) he will start straining to sit up. It looks like he's doing little baby crunches or something. The past few days he's discovered that if I give him my finger, he can use it to pull himself into a more upright position.



I'm thinking I'm go to need to get off my behind here soon and either buy or make a shopping cart cover for him. I found a pattern for one, but it looks waaaaay hard. I guess we'll have to see how ambitious I am here in the coming weeks. There are just too dang many nasty, germy people in this world who sneeze and cough in their hands and then touch everything without a thought to go without one. Yuck. I barely like touching them! I'm so glad that lately there are more stores with bins of wipes outside for the handles, and I also carry hand sanitizer and travel packets of antibacterial Wet Ones for those occasions.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Simplicity said...

I see so many people at the grocery store with those cover things. They seem like the best invention ever.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

LOL - Sami does the crunches too, we say she's ready for Pilates!

I have to get one of those covers too, it's getting to be time. When my nephew sat in a cart the first time he decided to hang onto the sides instead of the front so it's best to have the whole thing covered!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

I couldn't help but laugh every time he fell back too. I just can't believe how much older he's looking already! He's a determined little guy too I see...hehe.

The cart cover we bought came with an attachable long pillow. This was great for both laying him down in, if he wanted a bottle or nap and it also helped give him support when he wanted to sit upright but couldn't do it so well on his own. Admittedly we rarely, if ever use it now but it was great for the first year!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

HeeHee..baby crunches. Oh my goodness he just sits right up, muscles! :)

I LOVE having a cart cover, we also use it in yucky high chairs, and swings. I bought Eibhleann's cover on Ebay..black with white skulls w/bright pink accents. We get SO many compliments on it. http://www.angelynrose.com/servlet/StoreFront
It has a pillow, toy loop, front and side pockets, and it's own belt. I think I paid $45 for it on ebay. The seller also does custom orders. I'm crazy with the antibacterial wipes, never fails she wants to put her mouth on everything to gnaw. ugh

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails