Saturday, July 26, 2008

The end of the affair

Mt. Hood (according to my husband at least), as seen from the airplane. Ooooh, pretty!

I'm home. Our flight was delayed by almost 45 minutes due to a security breach. Fun. It's super hot, and super muggy here. We had turned up the thermostat before we left since there's no point in cooling an empty apartment, but that just meant it was as hot inside as it was outside when we got back. One of the new plants outside had wilted badly, but I think I may be able to revive it because it doesn't look completely fried yet. We'll see.

I checked my email when I got home, and noticed that I had some stuff at the mommy board where I was participating. Now, I know I posted about this before, but I've not really been checking in there. First, someone on another board lost her baby, and for whatever reason, one of the ladies on my board thought it would be good to bring that sadness over. Um, no.

Then, two of the ladies on my board lost their babies on the same day. That' was about it for me. I couldn't go on there, and see those thread titles. I couldn't go on there and see the other threads related to those subjects. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have General Anxiet Disorder. I'm a professional worrier, and that's just not healthy for my baby. Those women were the first thing I thought of when I woke up in the morning, and the last thing I thought about before I went to sleep at night. I'd think, If them, then Why not me too? What's to stop it from happening to me too?

So, I shut it out. I just stopped reading the board, for my sanity's sake. I get emails if someone sends me a personal message, so if anyone REALLY needed to get ahold of me, they could do that. Also, my signature there is a link to this blog, which in turn has a link to my signature. I'm super easy to find online. Heck, if you have my full name you can Google me and this blog will come up. I'm on Zabasearch. I know, I've checked.

Why does that matter? Well, I signed up for a secret sister type thing there. They're calling it a cyber shower. I posted pics of a couple of the things I made for my partner on here already, as a matter of fact. I was so excited about it! The deadline to ship your packages was posted as July 30th, so I figured, I have plenty of time to go on my trip, get back, and ship them and still make the deadline with a few days to spare. No worries, no stress, right?

WRONG! People are flipping out because I haven't sent my package! I have four days left! Isn't that the point of having a deadline? I'm so freaking irritated it's not even funny. I'm supposed to be destressing now. I just quit that crappy ass job, my shingles look like they're finally healing, I've got the next few months to ease into a home routine, and I enjoyed my trip, even if there were a few slightly stressful moments involved. Now, I come home to this crap, over something that was supposed to be FUN.

I could understand if it was the day after the deadline, and no one had heard from me. I could understand if I had gotten message after message and let stacks of them go unanswered. But that is NOT the case here. I got ONE message today. That's it. And when I go to read the board to see if I did in fact screw up and misinterpret the deadline, I see that I wasn't wrong about there being lots of talks about the recent losses either. So now, those are back on my mind too.

Why do people have to mess things up all the time?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Devon said...

ugh I'm sorry Sara. They need to relax, like you said that's why there's a deadline.
I'm glad that you had a nice trip. You didn't miss much in the swealtering heat here besides sweating buckets. We're supposed to get a monsoon over the next couple days which might be nice!!
Can't wait to see all the stuff you bought for Sawyer, cuz I know you didn't not get him anything!!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger mademoisellechitchat said...

RELAX!!!

You are going to be okay.

Now, show us a belly update photo, please? ;)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails