Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's that time of year again...

...for all the scrap-geeks to UNITE!

WOO!

It's Creating Keepsakes Convention time in Phoenix again, and time for us to make use of one of the greatest excuses of all time to buy crap that will sit in our scrap rooms for months before we actually use most of it. I looooove browsing the sales floor, looking at samples, comparing prices, doing product demos, checking out new product, and seeing other scrappers that I know. It's so much fun, and a great way to kill a Saturday.

Of course, there are classes at the convention. I took them one year, and I wasn't very impressed with most of them. I mean, they're cute projects, but I'm the kind of scrapper who wants to learn something new, not just make something I could do on my own by just looking at it, you know?

For instance, my boss is teaching a class tomorrow and Friday on making decorative magnet boards. That's something cool and different. Of course, I know how to make them already, what with working here and all. They're a really cute project. I'll be her teaching assistant tonight, which should be fun. I've TA'd at the conventions before, it's a pretty good time. People are in a really good mood for the most part.

So that's what I am up to tonight, and on Saturday. Right now, I am waiting for my relief to get here so I can get something to eat and maybe find my glasses before the class!

2 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Have fun!!! :)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

have fun! I've never been to a convention before..might have to do that in the near future ;)

BTW-what are those awesome Adirondack Dabbers?? please explain..might be something I "need".

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails