Monday, September 11, 2006

Autumn


It's my favorite season of the year. It signals the end of the six month long hell that passes as summer here, and the beginning of the fun holiday season. It means that I can finally wear tops with sleeves if I want to. It means it's time to look for Halloween costumes for the kids.

And it comes about two months later here than the rest of the country.

No fair! Everyone else is posting pretty pictures of orange and red leaves, talking about "football weather", shopping for sweaters and boots. Me, I am sitting here in a tee shirt and noticing that it is 101 degrees outside still. BOO!

And the thing is, around here retailers like to pretend that it is the same here as everywhere else. There are chunky sweaters and winter weight pants in all the stores, scarves, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and yes, even CHRISTMAS decorations...and people are still schlepping around in shorts and flip flops.

I read on Cathy Zielske's blog that her husband turned on the HEAT already. THE HEAT!!! I'll be running the AC here for another month, at least!

At least I have the solace of a 70 degree January to tide me over. While those folks who are smugly enjoying their autumn splendor now are freezing their bippies off, I'll be schlepping around in...shorts and flip flops!

4 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

I confess...I'm enjoying the "autumn splendor" here...but it is rainly and not very spendorsome.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

It is just starting to feel like fall here. It started yesterday actually. My kids are not looking forward to it. They dress in long sleeves for school and the school puts the heat up to almost 90! Oh well.. only 2 more years for the little one. lol

5:45 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love fall too..but it stinks that it wont feel like it here until late October ,early November :P and dang the retailers! I know what you mean-I was shopping the other day and saw all the soft sweaters ext. and it made me pine for fall and winter even more. lol

10:10 PM  
Blogger Aimeslee Winans said...

Same here, we don't have fall so much as Indian Summer until November down here (Texas coast). Sorry about that bee mess, I hate 'em. Gosh, how do they clean that up, anyway?

hugs,
aimeslee aka amateur artiste
at art farts smell good blog
http://artsyamateur.blogspot.com

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails