Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Garden Progress Journal - 4/20/11

It's looking green around here!!!

It amazes me how much faster than everything else the zucchini grows. I am so looking forward to it having pretty little squash blossoms on it.

You can see other stuff has gotten growing too. The onions are small, but look better in real life than in this photo. The arugula and spinach are off to a fine start. You can't see them here, but there are little carrots growing on the other side of the zucchini.

My pumpkin patch is moving right along as well. The Big Max ones almost all came up, but only about a third of the heirloom ones did, which is kind of a bummer. Hopefully the five plants that did sprout will give me a few pumpkins.

I planted some of my succulents in milk glass. I saw this at an antique store once and thought it looked really pretty.

The strawberries are blossoming and baby strawberries are growing!

The herbs I planted in pots were a bust. I think I got a bad batch. The lavender didn't grow at all, I got ONE teeny sprig of thyme out of two pots, and one oregano plant grew out of a whole packet of seeds.

I bought more seeds though so we'll see if round two does any better.

The potager has been seeded! I need to mulch it and also need to plant the tomatoes into the ground (nerve wracking!!!) this weekend. You can see them off to the left in the photo.

I just planted these last week and already the sunflowers are sprouting.

Gardening is so gratifying sometimes!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails