Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 2010 Twelve of Twelve

Did you know that there is a Facebook group for the 12 of 12 now? It's a fun way to get a little peek into the "everyday" of other people's lives. Here's your peek into my day.

First order of the day: Breakfast for the Bubs. Organic whole milk, organic blueberries, organic whole-milk baby yogurt, and bananas in a baby smoothie. I'm SUCH a dirty hippie.

Breakfast for the Mom - Chocolate frosted mini wheats. Most decidedly NOT organic, haha! I must keep a constant vigil over anything that I eat because if I don't, Bubba Grabbyfingers will make his appearance and put his grubby little paws in my food.

I was TRYING to get a picture of us playing cars together on the rug, but once he saw the camera he decided that he needed to be the one holding it. The fact that I didn't really feel like handing it over caused him great unhappiness.

Since he was no longer interested in cars, I moved on to finish a knitting project that I started the night before.

And I successfully completed it! No pattern - I was just sort of winging it based on a photo Elsie Flannigan posted on her blog. She posted a tutorial, but she crocheted hers and I knit mine. It actually took three tries to get it right. I think I'm going to make this again with a few minor tweaks. Either way, it's a really stupid hat and I luuuurrrrrrvvvveee it!

I made the pom pom by wrapping the yarn around my iPhone. That thing has a million and one household uses!

I did a couple loads of laundry.

I vacuumed too. I know - this housewife business is downright glamorous at times, isn't it?

We had the last of the tamales from Christmas for lunch.

We shared an orange for dessert. Bubba was determined to help get it peeled, not realizing, of course, that I had already peeled it. I think he just liked jabbing it with that little tool.

I cut out a bunch of felt hearts for an art project which I will post later.

After I put the boy down for a nap, I started dinner. I love this staggered schedule we are on. Up at 11:30, nap at 5:00, bed at midnight. It means that I get to sleep in, he's taking a nap while I'm trying to fix dinner and therefore not underfoot, his dad gets to spend time with him in the evenings after work, and I still get to be a night owl.

In case you were wondering, dinner was Mushroom Poached Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots. I found the recipe using the Whole Foods Recipes app on my iPhone.

Evening unwinding time! Checking Twitter and Facebook, having hot cocoa and a Little Debbie cake. Notice Bubba Grabbyfingers has once again made his appearance. Not two seconds after I took this photo he had impaled that thing on his index finger. Silly baby.

So there you go! My first twelve of twelve of 2010. :)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

good job missy - great pictures! Sawyer in the hat is my fave!!!!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sawyers hat is soo cute. Where do you find the time to do everything? I feel like my day is spent 80% doing things Payton wants to do and 20% doing things I need to do ie housework. Let alone craft :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Love the 12 on 12th thing. I keep saying I'll do it. The reminder is being set on my ipod right now!

Looks like it was a good day. That hat is so adorable. Etsy??

And grabby fingers are in our house too. They are quick!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

Dangit. I was thinking about doing this ... even got a reminder email from Susan that morning and planned on it ... but ten minutes later, I guess I forgot! Good for you for doing it. It feels good to document the everyday, huh? I can't believe the hat you knit. And you basically did that in one day? Wow! It's awesome!!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails