Sunday, January 03, 2010

Ducks and Airplanes

Today is the last day of my husband's vacation from work. I'm not gonna lie - it was really nice having him here at home with us.

On New Year's Day, we decided to head over to the research park and let the baby feed the ducks. He's never seen them before, and we thought it would be good practice walking for him.

They kept his interest for about all of five minutes. The duck poo all over the shore and the sidewalks, however, kept his curiosity piqued for about fifteen. That's right, my son has a future in scatology! HA!

The grass is really pretty and green everywhere right now, which I know is probably the opposite of most parts of the country. Since it was an overcast day which is perfect for taking photos, I thought I'd try to get a cute, informal shot of the three of us.

There were just too many interesting things to watch, so I thought maybe if we were lying back in the grass I'd have better results.

The boy didn't agree.

Then he decided that his father was invading his personal space, so that put an end to that!

I tried to get a shot of just the two of them, but the vapor trails left by passing airplanes proved to be more interesting than dear old mom who was flailing her arms about in a pathetic attempt to grab the child's attention.

Yeah.

But look how cute they are! :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

lol, so it's not just me. I can't get Samantha to look at the camera for the life of me! And if she does see it, she just wants to hold it...

Enjoy that green grass, it looks wonderful!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

What a fun outing!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails