Thursday, December 03, 2009

The iPhone Photo Post

This blogger has been SLACKING, y'all. I can't believe it's been a week since my last post! That's ridiculous! I'm sure you're probably all really tired of hearing this from everyone lately, but this girl's been busy. I've been going and going all day and into the not wee anymore hours of the morning. I have seen the sun rise more than a couple of times this past week.

The baby is getting his back teeth/molars and they SUCK. They take forever to come in, they make him cranky as hell, and they messed up our sleep routine. All of a sudden this kid wants to wake up at three in morning and play after he gets over his initial anger at the world. Luckily he is not one of those kids that wakes up at 6 am no matter what, so we've been sleeping in REALLY late to make up for those nights. This is both a blessing and a curse, because now I don't know how much of this messed up schedule is teething related and how much is "we slept until almost 2 today" related.

One of the things I've been working on is fabric related. I can't really say what it is because it may or may not be a gift for someone who may or may not read my blog, but my husband and I scoured several places one night in search of the perfect fabrics. This is what we have so far:

I've also been knitting a lot here in the evenings. I'm finally to the point where I can do it while watching tv, which is awesome. My motto for December this year is A-B-C. A - Always, B - Be, C- Crafting. Always be crafting, always be crafting. Being able to keep my hands busy while in the car or getting caught up on the tv shows we do watch is extremely beneficial.

I've finished up a couple more December Daily books. I have not yet made my own, but I do have all the papers picked out at least. I was going to put up the tree on the first, so that would be the first day in my book, but then I managed to convince the apartment manager that our carpet was tragic past the point of redemption, so they're going to replace it next week. I am excited for new carpet, but dreading having to pack up all the furniture and books from there and find places to stash them until it's done. We have a lot of stuff bolted to the walls in here!!!

Bubba has a newfound love for my craft room too. He loves to play with all my tools (or at least, the safer ones he's allowed to touch) and it's not at all uncommon to find him during the day doing this:

I have this plastic step stool in there next to the table and he likes to stand up there and either watch me while I work, or go in while I'm in the living room and just color on scraps of paper I leave out for him. It's pretty dang cute, I'm not gonna lie!

It's finally starting to get cold-ish around here, which means that we have to bust out the warm stuff like flannel jammies:

socks:

and knit hats...

that cause uncontrollable hat hair!

I put puff paint on the bottom of a few pairs of the socks in hopes that it would make them less slippery on the kitchen floor. Yes, yet another one of my craft projects! It did not really work though. I'm going to have to suck it up this weekend and buy him some new walker shoes and remind myself that at least I don't have multiples and only have to buy one pair!

Speaking of hair...

one of the other things on our "To Do" list this weekend is to take the Bubs for his first haircut. It's growing longer than the rest on the sides of the top area and in the back, near the bottom. This makes for a very interesting mullet, to say the least. Also, he tends to sweat when he falls asleep and if he sleeps in the carseat, this causes those long side pieces to get crimped in a sticking out sort of way that resembles tiny wings on the sides of his head. Plenty funny, but not so cute.

We just want to get it evened out so the rest of his hair has a chance to catch up.

For shits and giggles, one of my Facebook friends posted our eighth grade class photo online. Can you spot me? I was 12 here - this photo is twenty years old! When did I get that old?


Finally, I leave you with this:



Technically it doesn't fit in with my iPhone photos, but I just had to post it or I would never get around to it! If you follow me on Twitter, or if you are one of my Facebook friends, then you would know that Bubba's actually been taking steps here and there since the 16th of October, just a few days shy of his first birthday. He would take one or two here or there, but I didn't really count that as "walking," just taking steps. I don't want to be one of those moms who overexaggerates her child's milestones, but I still want to give the kid credit where credit is due!

(sidenote - random pet peeve: moms who are all like, MY kid says 10 words. No, your kid makes ten sounds that you can interpret. When your kid is actually talking, then EVERYONE will understand, not just you.)

Finally, on November 10th, he all of a sudden decided to just go for it and took about eight steps to walk across from the TV to me in front of the couch! I was so excited! Now he's constantly toddling about the apartment, always with his arms up for balance. He sort of looks like a really really cute but drunk baby orangutan! HA! It's been nearly impossible to get a video though, because the second he sees the camera he gets really excited, falls, then speed crawls over so he can play with it. I think I shot about ten videos on the day I got this one before I got one I could use.

The best part about him walking is that now he picks up stuff like books and brings them over to me so we can play together. I know... heart melting, right? MAN I sure do like this baby!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Samara Link said...

I love your December goal to ABC. That might one of my February goals.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Maggi said...

I love reading your blog. Yay for Bubba walking! I totally agree about the talking thing; Jenna doesn't really say real words at all and everyone going on and on about their kids saying a zillion words was making me more than a little nervous, like something was wrong with my kid.

I cannot wait to see what craft projects you finish, next! It's fun to see what new things you do; it's very inspiring.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails