Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sick and Ten

I'm sick.  I have a mean mean angry head cold that is kicking my butt up and down the street, and I swear that it (meaning my butt) hasn't touched the curb once!  Bubba started to show signs of boogeriness on Friday evening, then he coughed and snotted all weekend.  Late Sunday night, I started to feel that faint tickle/sinuses WAY too clear feeling in my left nostil that preceeds a cold.  Sure enough, by yesterday morning, it had manifested itself and by THIS morning, I felt like I might die.  THANK GOD my husband can take a telecommuting day once a week or I may not have made it through the day. 

So, for my very first Mother's Day ever, Bubba gave me his cold.  Awww..... :)

It was a very nice day, other than that.  We hung out at home for most of the day, then ran to Whole Foods to buy more carrots for the baby, made a stop at IKEA where I spent the last of my eBay money on a small dresser for the living room (for stashing baby toys), and then headed to Tempe to try Mojo FroYo, which was a totally awesome way to end the day.  My mother in law sent me tulips and my husband brought home these for me on Saturday:

They're actually prettier today because a lot more of the lillies are open now.

My husband also pointed out to me that I haven't blogged in a while.  Isn't it nice when they notice this stuff?  Kinda makes you feel like they care!  HA!  We've recently started using Skype (look ma, we're like the Jetsons!), Internet Explorer finally gave way to Google Chrome (which I am loving so far), I've been goofing off playing this stupid game on Facebook lately and I also got in some solitaire here and there.  If nothing else, at least I'm keeping up with Twitter!  I just don't seem to have the energy for much lately.  I mean, I watered my plants for the first time in over two weeks today.  I'm lucky they didn't all die or something.

Anywho, I'm going to leave you with Ten Random Songs Off Miss M's iTunes So You Can Have Further Proof Of Just How Bad Her Taste In Music Really Is.


While I liked the song, I don't consider myself to be emo or Jared Leto to be hot/a legitimate musician.  Sorry dude.


This is SO senior year of high school!  I remember my best friend had this CD and we would listen to it ALL THE TIME.  This was, of course, before anyone knew he was into the peeing on people thing.  Ew.


I'm gonna admit it - I could not remember what this song was and had to click on it.  Duh.  It's a'ight I guess.


COME ON!!!  You know that secretly, you love this song.  This song didn't come out until 1990, but Morris Day makes me think of Purple Rain, and that makes me think of my mom's friend's eldest son taking me, my younger brother, and his younger brother and sister to the movies to see it as a double feature with Beat Street.  I was SEVEN!!!  LOL!  He left us four kids alone in the theatre, and then after the movies, as we were walking to the car, a bunch of cops grabbed him, threw him against a car in the parking lot, and arrested him.  They called our parents to come get us, and I never did find out what he did while we were in there, but I never saw that guy again either.  Good times.


I'm pretty sure I downloaded this because Cathy Zielske told me to.


So, his daddy was the Dr. Jason Seaver from Growing Pains, who my mom thought was sexy as all get out due to his hairy chest (come on everyone, say it with me, EWWWW!!!) but the boy is HAWT TO DEATH, okay?  And he can sing too, which is nice. He had some bad bad hair in this video though.  BLAH! 

Blue eyed soul, indeed.


Another one I had to click on to remember.  I download some random stuff sometimes, I swear.  I still like it though.


The song is okay, but mostly I liked the chorus.  This was before Maroon 5 released their last album.  Adam Levine is not that great looking, but I'll tell you what - I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers.  Ah, who am I kidding?  Yes I would.  But you know what I mean.  I think it's the way he stares at the camera.  It's borderline creepy, yet intriguing.  Hmm.


Well, speak of the devil.  :)


Don't judge.  

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Susanne P. said...

i'm not sure we can be friends after that list. the ONLY thing that might save us is the 30stm song. and i think he IS a singer. don't hate. LOL

7:29 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Sara, I keep totally forgetting to tell you that the itunes from the computer we have totally lifted and both Eric and Kelsey continually comment about the awesomeness (ok probably not a word, whatever) of your playlist. Pun: it is a total hit in our house. So we all have no taste together? Is that what that means?

2:36 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thanks for reading my blog!! So excited to have someone I dont know read my crazy stories :)

Yours is great,love the 12 in 12! I ALSO LOVED R Kelly ,12 Play- FUHGEDDABOUDIT,alos pretty sure thats why I got pregnant at 17, well their was that Keith Sweat CD too...LOL. Also I heart Robin Thicke to the max, he is amazing! Some good picks I say.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Very pretty flowers, glad you had a nice mother's day. If it makes you feel any better, I was visited by frickin' aunt flo for the first time on mothers day. boooo....

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails