Friday, January 09, 2009

Things I forgot to blog about

Two things:

First off, I realized that I hadn't taken any self portraits since last summer, so I combed my hair earlier this week and did it. Don't laugh - My head seriously doesn't see a brush unless I think there is a chance someone may see me. My fingers, a hairtie or two, and some of those little bendy barrettes are all I can manage most days.

I won't leave the house like that though. I do have a little bit of pride!

Here are some of my favorite shots. Yes, I was totally goofing off and not being serious, but for me that's part of the fun of the whole thing.

Pensive Miss M

Happy Miss M

Bratty Miss M

Um, chesty Miss M? Seriously, my rack is looking pretty dang good here if I do say so myself! You almost don't notive the baby pjs on the chair behind me. Photography lesson #1 kids - pay attention to your background! Duh.

The other thing I wanted to post about was my word for 2009. I've done it the past two years, inspired of course, by Ali Edwards. Last year, my word was REINVENTION. I read the
blog post about it, and OMG is all I have to say about that! Here are the goals I had listed for my reinvention:

Get healthy and exercise/eat better - FAIL
Clean house every Saturday - FAIL
Steam clean carpets - WIN!!!
Cook more - WIN!!!
Get a KitchenAid mixer - WIN!!!
Values and Morals - WIN!!! Most notably, I stopped speeding, paid attention to following traffic laws (like turning into the lane I'm supposed to and always using my blinkers) and I paid for every song I downloaded.
Try two new things every month - Um, forgot to keep track. Oops!
Pay off all the credit cards - WIN!!! Then in the last month we've used two of them. Not terrible.
Scrap more - FAIL
Keep a gratitude journal - WIN!!!
Get upside down on stripper pole - FAIL but in my defense, I wasn't in any condition to be trying that kind of thing.
Be ready to be a mom - EPIC WIN!!!

More wins than fails, so not too shabby. I'll post about my word for this year later.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

I think your photos are great!! You look fabulous!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Susanne P. said...

i think i have actually seen all of these Miss Ms in person! they are spot-on. lol

10:33 AM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

Good for you for snapping a few. Sawyer should not be the only documented member of your family this year, as cute as he is. :) You look great!

You actually did a good job on your list. The things you accomplished were clearly higher priorities, and to the rest, the world is not worse off for it.

6:26 PM  
Blogger mademoisellechitchat said...

You crack me up!

I love the pics of you! Those glasses are simply great on you.

GIRL, check your email. I forgot to tell you this. I don't know who locally reads your blog. Therefore, I'll email this to you.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

You are too adorable! Congrats on your accomplishments this year!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

Girl you look awesome, and I think your hair looks cute like that. Total MILF. Well I wouldn't as I don't swing tat way, but if I did...hahaha.

I think I may have to complain that you update too often cuz I keep finding posts I missed...LMBO.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails