Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One step closer...

...to being ready for the baby!

Our changing pad came in yesterday:


We got the changer top attachment for the dresser last week, but they sent the wrong pad. It was too big so we had to wait to get the correct size. Now I have two, so I guess I'll just put the other one on Craigslist or something. We'll see.

I got three of the cute fuzzy frog covers at Target. They're like a fitted sheet you just put over the top. That way, I can just pull them off to toss into the wash. I'll be putting a waterproof lap pad under them for extra insurance though. It looks cute, huh? I like that it leaves a little space for storage underneath. I'm thinking of looking for shallow baskets to tuck under there that can hold wipes, lotions, etc.

Since I have been getting some gifts for the baby lately, I decided to make some thank you cards. I challenged myself to use some stamps, because I own a ton of them, but they rarely get used.

I bought the coffee cup stamp last time I was in Seattle at Impress Rubber Stamps. It's so freaking CUTE! The "thanks" stamp is from the dollar bin at Michaels. I just stamped it over and over again using Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink. I got the idea for the button logos on papermonkey.org. The sentiment is my own handwriting because I was too lazy to hook up the laptop to the computer. Yeah, I said it!

I really like this one. I cut the scalloped paper out using the Silhouette. It was supposed to be bigger, but somehow I had managed to change the ruler on my grid to every .38 inches instead of every half inch. Duh. I also remembered to change to the appropriate colored cap for patterned paper. I'm pretty proud of myself for that, haha! Usually I forget and end up tearing it, especially the thinner ones.

The cow stamp is from the dollar bin at Michaels. It has to be a few years old now, but this is the first time I've ever used it, I think. Sadly, there are lots of stamps like that in my collection. The "Cow's it Going?" stamp is made by Amuse Art Stamps, who also made the coffee cup stamp. I loooove love love their stamps, and I often find the best selection of them in the Seattle stores since they're based in Seattle. I embossed it with clear polysparkle powder, so there's just a hint of glitter on here. I colored in the cow's udder using a microbrush and some Chalk ink. The red paper is Making Memories.

This one is super simple - I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock, embossed it with Super Fine Detail black embossing powder, and colored it in using Chalk ink (blue) and watered down Distress Ink (brown) from a reinker. I just put a tiny drop on a folded up baby wipe and kinda rubbed my brush where it bled along the edges to get the right amount of color onto it before painting my image.

It's attached to the flower using mini pop dots. I found a whole crapload of these in my adhesives drawer - They got used on the cow card too. The scallops were cut out with the Silhouette. The patterned paper is from a big pack I got in the Target dollar bin. I'm cheap!

Another scalloped background made with the Silhouette. I figured, hey, I have it out, may as well make a bunch! I love this paper, it's so feminine and pretty. It's by Imaginisce and some of the flowers have a glittered glaze over them, which you can't really see here. The sentiment is done the same way as on the previous card, only colored in entirely with chalk ink. The ribbon was in my stash, and is one of those self adhesive ones.

Dude, never buy self adhesive ribbon! This is only a couple of years old, but the gumminess had yellowed and that yellow color bled through to the front of the fabric. LUCKILY the pink/pale yellow combo worked very well with this card, but I'm tossing the rest of this. Blech!

I have to go to the grocery store, but I really really really don't want to. It's 107.5 degrees outside right now, according to Weatherbug, and the thought of putting on a bra makes me want to cry.

I know, TMI, but it's the truth.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Whitney said...

AH! Baby time is coming so soon! I love the fun little frogs on the changing pad.

And remind your little one to never peek under the stall at you. I would hate to see the results of that. ;) hehehe....

6:50 PM  
Blogger Kim Kwan said...

look at you GO, you crafty goddess!
Nesting AND crafting. I'm getting scared!

9:13 PM  
Blogger emily said...

Such cute cards! I love the "thanks a latte" one...

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails