Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Se habla espanol?

Today, it became very obvious to me that there is no one in my life that I speak with in the Spanish language. HOOOLEEE CRAP! I'm so freaking rusty. I couldn't remember where any of the accent marks went, I was forgetting how to conjugate verbs properly (although you should have seen the look on the lady's face when I asked if she wanted the conjugated verb or the infinitive)... It wasn't terrible, but it was very hard. I was the second to last one to arrive (stupid traffic) and the 3rd one out of 10 done.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have no idea how to dress when looking for a job. There were people there in JEANS AND SNEAKERS!!! I was like, helllloooooo people! Get a clue! One chick was wearing a sweatshirt/hoodie type thing, and another was rocking a tee shirt with the Baby Phat logo in rhinestones over the entire front. It was crazy. I wore black dress pants with a light blue pinstripe, black boots with a thin high heel, and a light blue button down shirt. Nice, conservative, but not boring. Oooh, and the pants, they were super tight when I bought them the week before Christmas, but today they fit perfectly, like they were made for me! Kick butt!

I was told that the assessments had to be graded and then we would be called to schedule an interview if our results were good. Here goes another round of crossing the fingers!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are doing so good on your "eating better" way of life. i have been slackin' lately because i don't want to cook so we are eating out a lot. blech.

good luck on the job.

s.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

Good luck! I agree, I am often shocked at what people where, not just to interviews but on the actual job!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Noelia said...

Si hablo español :)
I speak it fluently but I mess up the accents on the vowels everytime. If you want, we can practice together. Hope you get the job.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails