Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's great to be me.

I was on my way to pick up my husband from work when this one song came on the radio. Oye mi Canto by Nina Sky. Yeah, THAT song.

I'm sitting there thinking to myself, you know, if that song hadn't come on in the bowling alley that night, I would still have all my friends. I had to change the station.

My birthday is the day after tomorrow, and all I have is my husband and one friend with which to celebrate. That's it. No family, no friends. I have to say, I'm feeling pretty damn lonely right about now. I am almost thirty years old and I have one friend.

I know a big part if it is my own fault. I don't know how to nurture relationships. I don't talk on the phone, so if I don't see you, we don't talk. I worry about bothering people so I end up staying away instead.

It's great to be me.

2 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Yay for your birthday coming up!!!!! :)

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

friends who got into it with you about something that you obviously know more about and have "feelings" about due to your experience aren't friends. Linda is right when she says new friends will come your way. i keep telling you to move to my neighborhood.

have an amazing birthday!!

scrappincrazy

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails