Thursday, August 18, 2011

Presents!

I love recording the gifts I receive so that when I look back on my archives, I can be all like, OH YEAH! That's when I got that! In that spirit, here are some of the gifts I got for my birthday this year.

Remember that Fenton cake pedestal I posted on my wishlist? Well, my friend Suzy found it at auction! Not only that, but it came with two other matching pieces. How cool is that? I've seen the folded one before, but never the compote. They're absolutely gorgeous. You can really tell why the Fenton pieces are some of the more sought after pieces. These are super heavy compared to most of my other milk glass. I love them!

She also took me to see The Help. I loved the book and couldn't wait to see the movie. Usually the movie is never as good as the book, but this one was not bad. It was funny because when they got to the part of Celia Foote, I kept thinking to myself, MAN, that woman looks familiar. Where have I seen her before? What movie? Then, about 3/4 of the way through I realized: I've never seen her in a movie. It's that she looks almost exactly like one of the moms in our playgroup! They could be sisters, I swear. Of course, when I Google her almost all the pictures are of her with red hair and I can no longer see the resemblance. :)

My mother in law sent me this:

It came with a pretty dish towel. I love new dishtowels! This book has been on my wishlist for a while and I can't wait to start reading it. The photography is gorgeous and it's full of all sorts of useful information. It will be so nice to get to try Japanese food beyond teriyaki chicken and sushi!

She also sent a lovely card with some birthday money, so I got to go shopping! That's what I asked my husband for this year - I wanted him to take the day off so that we could spend it together doing all my favorite things as a family, and as you read in yesterday's post, he delivered. Here are some of the things I got:

I found a nice old globe at the antique mall. This is the second one in my mini collection that I started for Bubba's room. I thought I was so original when I came up with this idea not long after we moved in here, but I swear in the last six months map/globe themed rooms are all over the internet! Ah well. I know I thought of it on my own. :)

I picked up this lovely silver plated water pitcher for seven dollars at the Salvation Army, and the silver plated trivet for a dollar at Goodwill.

This old copy of David Copperfield was three dollars. It looks pretty old, but it doesn't have a copyright date. For that price though, it will look cool with my other old books.

I found this lovely vintage Pyrex pie plate at the antique mall too for seven dollars. The finish is in perfect condition. It's the same pretty bright pink as my Cinderella bowls, but the color came out funky because a storm was moving in when I took the photo. It's just amazing the difference in size between these old pie plates from the 50's and the ones you can buy today.

I also got a trendy summer scarf with an oversized buffalo check in black and white for two bucks at the Goodwill and a shirt for the boy. There was a book of piano music for Christmas that was just two dollars, so I grabbed that too. The music looks simple enough that I should be able to figure out some of them. I can practice now so I'll be good at playing them come December!

I am SO ready for summer to be OVER.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Muffy said...

YAY! Congrats on your birthday-- you made out like a bandit! Love everything you got!!!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails