Monday, April 04, 2011

For the Birds

This is a very easy craft that you can do with your toddler. I got the idea from a friend on Facebook who got it from a children's magazine.

You're going to need some small pieces of yarn or string, dryer lint, and a mesh bag. I used one from lemons. Onions, potatoes, and other produce come in these also. I snipped off the end with the label and tightly tied a knot in it. Then I sort of rolled the other end down so it would stay open.

Have your child alternate placing dryer lint and bits of yarn in the bag. I had him tearing the lint into small pieces so this kept him occupied for about 20 minutes! I just had to remind him to switch every so often.

After the bag is full, loosely tie a knot in the other end. I also took scissors and snipped in a couple places around the bag so that some holes would be slightly larger.

Now all you have to do is tie it to a branch in a tree! I tried to make sure that I hung it from a branch that had another underneath it so that the birds could actually access this. Now all those birds that have been wooing each other on our back wall can make a home for their babies. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

cuteness! My toddler would not touch the lint/yarn. She's a prima-donna apparently.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

Great idea. This is so clever, and I bet it was a lot of fun to do with your little helper. I'm going to save this one for "some day".

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails