Sunday, December 05, 2010

Settling In

As I mentioned in my last blog post, we are taking our sweet time getting moved into the new place. Having to stash everything in the garage has sort of turned out to be a kind of blessing in disguise. We now have the opportunity to clean everything throughly before it comes into the house, and also to decide if it's something we really need/want or if it's something we can donate.

On Thursday our friend Missy came over to get her house key (I fed her cats for a few days while her family was on vacation) and she brought a gift for Bubba:

The boy is completely ENAMORED. She has a lot of these wooden trains at her house and Bubba totally loved them. I asked her what kind they were because I liked the fact that they weren't branded. She got her set on Craigslist (lucky!!!) but she got this one at Ikea. Bubba has already logged many hours on just this small figure-eight track, and I love that none of the trains have creepy faces like those Thomas the Tank Engine ones. *shudder*

I really don't like Thomas and his shifty-eyed friends.

As for the house, it's starting to look like people live here now! Here's a shot facing the entryway:

The big clock is too high, but I'll deal with that later. I just stuck it on a screw that the previous tenants left in the wall to get it out of the way. Here is a shot of the shelves in the living room:

We sort of misplaced the stupid pegs that hold up the shelves so I haven't been able to unpack anything that goes up there. It was quite the adventure getting the television and all it's various components hooked up so that everything was neat and tidy and UNSEEN (most important part if you ask me, I hate wires) but my husband did a great job. I kept the shelf over the t.v. to use as my "mantel." We had the t.v. in front of our fireplace in the apartment so it was under the mantel before so I figured it could still work okay here.

The kitchen is coming along nicely too. We were able to cook dinner for the first time last night. I need to find a home for the ricer, but other than that, everything has found a place.

So that's where we are now. I'm trying to document and take photos every day so that I can get caught up with my December Daily when my craft room is in a useable state. It will be nice to get completely settled in so we can get back to some sort of routine.

7 Comments:

Blogger ~M~ said...

Love all the home pics!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

It's looking great. You guys have gotten a lot done. Doesn't it feel so good to walk into a room and just appreciate how nice all your hard work looks? Love all the photos!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the new place! Looks so homey and comfy. Praise Jesus, I am not the only who can't stand Thomas the Train and his pervy friends. Ick.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Oh, my brother had a train set similar to that when we were young! How fun! Looking great!

7:31 AM  
Blogger how i met your father blog said...

wow -- so impressed with all of your progress!!
our little brother LOVED his brio trains... they might be a fun toy for your little guy!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Looking good!!!!

5:31 PM  
Blogger justem said...

It looks wonderful!!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails