There are the rules in accepting this blog award.
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fabulous.
4. Contact the bloggers you choose and let them know they won the award.
Here we go!
1. A month or two ago, the boy started to say OH. MY. GOSH! and oh my gosh, was it the cutest thing ever. Then, in the past couple of days, he changed it to OH. MY. GOD. I am trying to correct him back to saying Gosh. I am okay with my son dropping the eff bomb, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let him take the name of the Lord in vain!
2. I routinely make cookies or other items in the wee hours of the night.
3. I cheat at posting times occasionally. If I make a blog post at two in the morning, but didn't make a post for the previous calendar day, I'll change the time so that people won't know I missed a day in the morning. I like having a post each day, not that I always manage. Yeah... I did it with this post too.
4. I love getting comments on my blog, and I reply to them whenever I can. For convenience, I have them sent straight to my email so I see them right away. I just wish everyone would enable their email being linked to their profile so that I could reply when they take the time to leave me a comment! You can make a special blogging Gmail account and then set it up to forward to your regular email, so no one will ever know your private email address if that concerns you. Gmail will even fix it so that if you do reply to those forwards from your regular email, it will come from the special address and not your private one. It's easy and it's free and I know I'm not the only blogger who replies to the comments they receive in this way.
5. When I was five, I wanted to be a nun when I grew up. I didn't even know what a nun was. I just liked their outfits.
6. I have terrible insomnia. Because I am the daughter of an addict and my brothers both have at times been addicts (although, none of the three will EVER admit it) I am more terrified of taking meds for the condition than I am of not sleeping.
7. I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy. I still laugh at farts, boogers, and sexually inappropriate things. You should see the picture I snapped of a piece of horseradish I saw at the Walmarts and then posted to Facebook. Terrible.
I'm going to skip the tagging bit, because I have an awful track record with picking folks for these. I'm talking to you, Big D! (she knows who she is) I do love getting them though because it's fun to try and think of things I have not shared before. I also love reading them on other people's blogs because let's face it - I'm nosy. I'll admit it!