Sunday, August 08, 2010

SaraCuts

We've been on a bit of a budget lately, and uh, some things have been getting put off over and over again. Namely, my husband having a visit to the barbershop.

After realizing that a haircut wasn't going to be in the budget this paycheck, he decided to take me up on my joking offer that I cut his hair for him. See, the only pair of clippers in this house are the ones that I use on the dogs. You don't need skills to clip a dog - they're all pretty much one length. At least, that's how I do it. Also, I've clipped his hair with the dog clippers before, and let's just say it wasn't pretty.

This was halfway through the haircut. I gave him redneck hair. Awesome. After I was done giggling and dancing around in the bathroom, I resumed my work.

The final product. He's "styled" it with his hair goop here. It pretty much looks like it does after he goes to get it cut professionally, so I'm feeling pretty darn good about it.

This is the only photo of my last attempt, dated 7-28-2005. That's right, it was so bad it took 5 years for him to work up the courage to let me do it again! I pretty much buzzed it all one length all the way around while trying to get it even. It looked worse in real life than it does in this picture.

Let's hear it for progress!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Awesome work! You did a great job. Love the bar over the eyes on the bad hair picture - ha ha! My hubby has been begging me to do his and I won't even attempt it. I think it's better for our marriage if I don't. I've never even cut dog hair!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Great job! I've been begging my husband to just let me cut his, since, well, there's very little of it, and really? Why pay someone for that?

7:49 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Those are some impressive skills- now let's see the dogs! ps- I cut my dogs' hair too and have been for 5 years and yet my husband won't let me near him with the clippers.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails