Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Right Now

eating: I had three small humbows (Chinese steamed buns filled with barbecue pork) and some pork fried rice (I made it! First time!) for dinner, followed by a rocky road ice cream cone.

drinking: Iced tea. Except it has no ice, it was just cold from the fridge.

wearing: Nursing tank (sexxx-ay!) and jeans

hair: pulled back in a low chignon (doesn't that sound nicer than "messy bun?") with a thin black headband

nails: All one length. SCORE! Oh, and clear nail polish (OPI Nail Envy)

purchased today: Nothing.

wanting: to get around to repotting some plants and getting the baby Aloe Vera plants into their own pots, an LL Bean madras tote (but it's backordered until JULY), a pair of Christian Louboutin black pumps (but really, where would I wear them?), an iPhone, to be debt free, and to be skinny enough to shop at J Crew, Banana Republic, and White House, Black Market. HA!

What bill do you hate paying the most? My husband pays the bills. I'm in denial.

Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? I don't think I've ever had a romantic dinner. Hmm. I think I'd feel kind of like a tool trying to be all romantic though, to be completely honest.

Name of your first grade teacher? Mr. Carillo.

What do you really want to be doing right now? Shopping with someone else's credit card!!!

What did you want to be when you were growing up? First a nun (true story, my mother was horrified but I just liked the outfits!), then a teacher, then a lawyer, then a teacher. Now, I just don't know.

How many colleges did you attend? I took two classes at Phoenix College right after I graduated high school, then the rest at Arizona State.

Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? I can easily flip down the front to pump and I don't have to wear a bra.

Gas prices? Glad they dropped.

If you could move anywhere and take someone with you? Seattle with my husband and son.

First thought when the alarm went off this morning? I don't use an alarm clock - either my husband or the baby wakes me up. Then my first thought is, "CRAP. Already???"

Last thought before going to sleep last night? Thinking about Whitney Lynn and my sorority scrapbooks. It's been 5 years and I still mourn the loss of those at least once a week. It's the reason I don't do stuff with my alumnae group - I'm scared I'll see her there and I don't know I could handle it. Kinda pisses me off, because I'd really like to be more involved with all that.

What errand/chore do you despise? Doing dishes. No contest.

If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer? I keep thinking I should, but so far I haven't. Of course, now I have the baby as an excuse.

Get up early or sleep in? If it were up to me, I'd sleep in every day. Since it's up to Bubba, we compromise. I'm so glad he's not one of those "up at 6am" babies!!!

Have you found real love yet? I should hope so!

When did you first start feeling old? When I was 17 and got a job as a teacher's aide. I went from being a carefree high schooler to living on my own with my 30 year old boyfriend, being called Miss Magical (my last name was hard for little mouths to say) and being a DECADE older than the kids I worked with.

Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? No. Each generation thinks it's cool to do the opposite of the previous one. So in the 50s it was cool to be June and Ward Cleaver, then it was cool to be single forever and whore around, and now it's cool to be in a relationship and domestic again.

Favorite guilty pleasure? Too many to list. The favorite changes with my mood.

Cowboys or Indians? Indians.

What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? Since my husband drove it last, probably sports radio. GAG.

Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work? If anyone is across from me, it's usually Bubba, so yes, yes I do!

What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Scrapbook famous: Cathy Zielske. Famous famous: I don't know.

Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? no.

Last book you read for real? I'm working my way through the No Cry Nap Solution...very very slowly. Pathetically slowly, actually.

Do you have a teddy bear? No, but I have this fuzzy pink Hello Kitty throw pillow on my bed that I sleep with.

Do you go to church? No, but I've been thinking about it.

At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? A new career. I'm kind of invested in my relationship at this point, don't you think?

Just how OLD are you? 31 years and 7 months.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails