Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Still got it!

Yesterday, I bought $125.25 worth of groceries for $69.59. I saved $55.66 using coupons and shopping the sale circulars, for a savings of 44%. Not too shabby!

I know that $55.66 isn't really a lot of money, especially compared to what I would be bringing home if I had an actual job, but considering it only took me about an hour and a half to go through the coupons and sales flyers, it's not a bad return on the time investment. It would probably have been even more of a savings if we hadn't bought so much junk food. Oops.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samara Link said...

It isn't a ton of money, but for grocery savings, it's amazing. Especially when you consider how short term you keep groceries around. It's not like you're buying something you can use repeatedly or keep for years. They last for a week or two. Good stuff. I need to start doing this, too.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails