Friday, November 30, 2012

December Daily 2012

For the last three years, I have attempted to do a December Daily.  The first year, I was successful and I completed it.  The next two?  Well... let's just say there are two piles of red and green items still waiting for me in my craft room!  Terrible!

As we know, this year I attempted Project Life.  I did a great job the first half of the year, but then summer hit, pregnancy got the best of me, I had a baby, and it was abandoned.  I still sorted my photos into weekly folders in hope I could catch up, but it seemed such a daunting task it never happened.  I suck at this.

However, it's now December, and I'm faced with the question of whether to attempt the December Daily again or not.  Part of me says no - I have two years of unfinished dailies to do.  Part of me says it's the baby's first year here and it would be nice to document it.

So, my compromise is to pick up Project Life again and just do December.  If I can manage to go back and catch up on those lost months later, great.  Right now?  I'm going to give myself permission to not worry about it.  

What started out as something as simple as printing resized photos and adding typed journaling cards spiraled into detailed digital scrapping for each card that took way more time than I was able to devote.  It's time for back to basics, and that means I needed some fresh journaling cards.

That begs the question - what fun is making new journaling cards if I can't share them?

So, my gift to you this year for being a fan of my blog and liking my page on Facebook is this brand spanking new set of six printable journaling cards, perfect for a December Daily.  Just click on that link, "Like" the page if you have not yet done so, and get them for yourself!  Yes, I know the colors are Christmas themed, since that is what my family and I celebrate and therefore what I would use.  Unfortunately, like I mentioned before, I just don't have the time or energy to make Hannukah or non-denominational sets with a new baby in the house.  Primarily I make these for myself, and then share them.

Enjoy and Happy December!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda Roessler said...

Very cute and so nice of you! :)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Samantha Post said...

These are great! Thank you very much and I did pin them!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

LOL, I've tried twice and have yet to complete one! This'll be my 3 year...hoping 3 times the charm?!? Thanks for the printable!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails