Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hack job

In more ways than one!

I'm thinking of cutting it off. I'm so sick of it lately! Yes, it's pretty, but what's the point when I always have it twisted up to get it off my neck? I'm tired of being so hot all the time, and then I sweat and little wispy fly aways stick to my face and neck, making it tickle and itch. That, in turn, makes me grouchy as all get out and super irritated. It's starting to take forever to straighten too. There are split ends. There is the last of the bleach job from last year in there too, that starts to show whenever the dark brown dye begins to fade.

I just think it's time.

I took two photos of myself this morning - one with my hair down, and one with it pulled back. Then I superimposed them, and cropped off the bottom of the layer with the long hair a bit at a time until I found a length I liked. Cleaned up the edges slightly with the eraser tool and TA DA! A lovely 5 minute Photoshop hack job that gives me an idea of what the short hair would look like.

Because I'm a nerd like that.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I think either way it looks great! Shorter is totally cute on you. I can definitely relate to the irritating annoyance of having long hair, esp. being a Mom! I'm definitely considering chopping mine off.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

Do it!! A big hair change is so liberating. There's just something about it. And the way you're cutting it, leaving it longish, will mean you can still pull it up and it wouldn't be hard to grow it out again if you decided to. That's my vote -- even though you didn't ask for it. :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger kingsqueen said...

I think it will look great like you are showing it. And trust me, little fingers tangled in long hair and pulling it HURT! Go for it.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Sweet Simplicity said...

I love the shorter hair! It looks so sophisticated and classy. Do it!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Mrs Anne said...

girl... the day after the wedding i wanna hack mine off too!

love the new "pseudo" look!

go for it!

xo

1:43 PM  
Blogger Mom to 4C boys said...

I love the picture of it short. As a mom of three boys I can tell ya that the long hair is a sticky hand magnet. And hair pulled by a baby hurts! You can always leave it long enough to pull back, but short enough where it doesn't bug you when it's down.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Thanks for the tips on inserting a link the "correct and cute" way!

Love your 365 project!! And your "nakkid" pics of Sawyer are adorable!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger carlene federer said...

I think you'd look really cute with that cut! Go for it!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

LOL @ how serious you look! Reminds me of the "before" shots always done where the person frowns, has no makeup and messy hair(not saying those last parts are you just giving a reference...haha), then of course the after they're smiling, etc...

8:24 PM  
Blogger mademoisellechitchat said...

Girl, you are CRAZY!!!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails